Flickr user derekGavey
The Hilton Head Island Wine & Food Festival runs officially from March 5th to 10th, but most of us will be keen on Saturday, March 10, from noon to 3.
"We are thrilled this year, with over 740 wine entries in the Festival Competition, we have more wines available for tastings than we have had in many years," said Tami Bream, Festival Chair and C.O.O. of Equity Payment, Connoisseur Level Sponsor for the Festival. "The Festival will be concentrated in one area of Honey Horn, making access to [the events], all of the wine, food, and retail booths much easier."
Well-known author and chef, Nathalie Dupree will be headlining the Outdoor Gourmet at 12 p.m. Co-author and chef, Cynthia Graubart along with Nathalie Dupree will be demonstrating the ultimate biscuit recipe from their book, Southern Biscuits.
Chef, Orchid Paulmeier, from One Hot Mama’s and The Food Network finalist will take the stage at 12:30 p.m.; Chef, Eric Seaglund, of The Chart House will be demonstrating his culinary skills at 1 p.m.; Chef Dee Wang, of Hana Sushi & Japanese Fusion, trained at Nobu, one of the world’s most recognized Japanese restaurants will take the stage at 1:30 p.m.; Chef David Young, of Roastfish & Cornbread will be preparing a Gullah favorite at 2 p.m. and Chef Hugo Lee, who trained under Thomas Keller at The French Laundry, will be demonstrating some Italian favorites from his new restaurant, Trattoria Divina at 2:30 p.m.
Here's the full schedule:
- 11:00 a.m. – V.I.P. Patron Ticket Holders Festival Grounds Access
- 12:00 p.m. – Festival Grounds Open for General Admission Tickets/Wine Tastings begin 12:00 p.m. – Outdoor Gourmet (Cooking Demonstrations continuously until 3 p.m.) 12:00 – 3 p.m. – Bob Masteller’s Jazz Corner Band
- 12:00 – 3 p.m. – Celebrity Cookbook Author’s Tent Open
- 12:00 p.m. – Silent Auction Opens
- 12:30 p.m. – Grey Goose Bartender’s Challenge
- 2 p.m. – Waiter’s Race
- 2 p.m. – Silent Auction Closes
- 3 p.m. – Festival Grounds Close
On Friday, March 9, the Grand Tasting & Silent Auction takes place from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. and is $65. And "Great Chefs of the South Wine Dinners" are ongoing through the 10th.
Interested in attending? Get more information over at the fetival's website.