Image by Flickr user Jeff Hester
Downtown Charleston's Mellow Mushroom has spiced up their menu selection by introducing several New Orleans-inspired items that will be featured now until October 31st.
Pizzas, salads, appetizers and even beer are among the new Cajun-flavored choices.
Here's a rundown of the new Cajun menu items offered at Mellow:
- Zydeco Skewers: Three skewers of grilled shrimp, spicy andouille sausage and chunks of pine- apple served on a bed of field greens with our sweet and tangy Zydeco sauce.
- Muffuletta Cheese Bread: A combination of our freshly made three-olive tapenade, roasted red peppers and garlic. Topped with parmesan and mozzarella cheeses then toasted on warm French bread.
- Shrunken Head Spinach Salad: Leafy spinach salad, applewood-smoked bacon, grilled shrimp, and bleu cheese crumbles drizzled with our sweet and tangy Zydeco sauce.
- Shrimp Hoag’ Boy: Grilled shrimp, mushrooms, caramelized onions, lettuce, tomatoes and pesto mayo with jerk seasoning.
- Creole-Q-Pizza: Grilled shrimp, herbs, seasonings, a little kick of Tabasco® with a melt-in-your- mouth garlic butter sauce, topped with mozzarella, and baked to perfection.
- Muffuletta Pizza: Freshly made three-olive tapenade, salami, ham, roasted red peppers, garlic, covered in parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.
- Bayou Bleu Pizza: A spicy bleu cheese base topped with grilled shrimp and spicy andouille sausage, covered in mozzarella, topped with chives, and baked on Mellow’s famous crust.
In addition to tasting the new noms, Mellow Mushroom customers can enter for a chance to win VIP tickets to the 2010 Voodoo Experience in New Orleans on October 29th through the 31st. The winner will be provided airfare, hotel accommodations, and $1,000 in spending money.
Mellow Mushroom is located at 309 King Street.