Flickr user basheertome
We reported earlier in the week that local favorite The Melting Pot was on the list of Open Table's Diners' Choice Awards for the top 100 restaurants in the United States.
OpenTable has a list of their top ten restaurants in every city they provide service for. The city-wide top ten list, like the top 100 list they put out annually is made up of user feed back. Specifically, those who made the Top Ten in Myrtle Beach were chosen from 111,000 diners -folks with actual "seated" reservations.
The OpenTable Top Ten restaurants for Myrtle Beach is comprised with some obvious choices that have been pumping out spectacular food for decades as well as some newer restaurants that have only been around a few years.
- The Melting Pot -"At The Melting Pot, fondue truly becomes a memorable four-course dining experience where our guests can dip into something different. Come relax and enjoy fondue, fine wines, friends and family."
- The Library Restaurant -"Established in 1974, the Library Restaurant has long served the Grand Strand. Our tuxedoed wait staff has a combined 100 years of experience. Our Chef prepares the finest cuisine fresh daily. Our rare tableside service is a Library tradition. From our tableside Steak Diane to our Flambé desserts, the Library represents perfection."
- SeaBlue Restaurant & Wine Bar -"A menu that transcends the current mainstream offerings. SeaBlue brings the delicacies from the Blue Sea and from under the Blue Sky with inspired creativity and talent from our award winning chefs."
- The Parson's Table -"Award winning Parson's Table, housed in a church, offers true fine dining in an atmosphere of elegance and intimacy. Beautiful stained glass windows dot the interior, which is comprised of several individual rooms that are equally conducive to special family occasions and romantic dining for two."
- Benny Rappa's Trattorio -"We feature a chalkboard menu, which changes daily. Everything is made fresh per order. Benny Rappa's Trattoria is small and quaint, just like your local homestyle restaurant and seats only 60 people. The restaurant is casual fine dining..."
- Aspen Grille -"Aspen Grille is the perfect place for a quiet night out for two or a lively group event. You’ll find that our exceptional service and attention to detail will make any occasion all that you hoped it would be. Join us tonight and let us treat you to true Southern hospitality."
- New York Prime -"New York Prime is the true steakhouse experience. We serve only the very best USDA Grade Prime for every cut of beef including filet mignon. Our live Maine lobsters are also best sellers."
- Ruth's Chris Steak House -"Visit Ruth's Chris Steak House in Myrtle Beach, SC! Whether it's a romantic steak dinner for two, an important business meeting, or a private party, Ruth's Chris Steak House can accommodate your needs. Enjoy excellent views and beautiful sunsets. We look forward to serving you soon."
- Croissants Bistro and Bakery -"Bistro & Bakery serving Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Sunday Brunch....We specialize in decadent desserts and one of a kind wedding cakes."
- Waterscapes Restaurant at the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes -"Experience a fresh alternative in sustainable “Farm to Table” dining with a blend of elegant, yet casual ambiance. WaterScapes offers indoor seating as well as outdoor terrace seating with views of the Grande Dunes poolscape and marina."
OpenTable also has a Best Overall in the state of South Carolina, and while Charleston's dining seems to dominate that list two Myrtle Beach Restaurants make the grade. You can view OpenTable's best overall list here. And here everyone thought Myrtle Beach was just known for Seafood Buffets...Download the OpenTable app: