I'll be honest, it's a slow news day here on the Grand Strand.
But there have been a lot of great stories come across TheDigitel Myrtle Beach front page over the past few weeks that you may have missed. Let's start off with some of the most popular stories so far this month as measured by total number of views and visits...
- Myrtle Beach chooses Xoom over iPad 2; Ditches Sprint - Either Myrtle Beach is really much geekier than I thought, or the more likely case is we picked up some new errant readers looking for tablet comparisons.
- Eastbound & Down starts shooting in Myrtle Beach - This story was fun to find and write up. There are some rabid Kenny Powers fans out there!
- Dolly Parton's Pirates Voyage opening night coverage - Everyone was curious how the makeover from Dixie Stampede was going to be.
- Community Dialog: Is the water at the Barc Park South safe? - Our first efforts to encourage community interaction and discussion has been successful on all accounts.
- Daisy Dukes Country Saloon opens Friday - The only story in the top 5 that was an Open Community submission. I'm not sure what else to say about it.
But most of you probably read those stories. Here's a few that didn't get a whole lot of traction for various reasons, but I think deserve a look...
- Community Dialog: Can attractions like the SkyWheel help downtown recover?
- Myrtle Beach National hires new President; Why that's a big deal
- Locals petition to keep Grand Park roller hockey rink open
- Georgetown Restaurateur Fighting for Live Music (update: video, more information)
As you may have noticed, we love to link to the source of the story. Here's the 3 most popular links our readers have clicked on since June 1st...
You also may not realize we're pretty active on Facebook and Twitter as well. We do all of these things to find out what the most important Myrtle Beach area stories are to the Myrtle Beach area community. Nothing makes us happier than when someone new posts a great story to the site. So what are you waiting for?