The Beaufort County Historical Society is putting on its 2nd Annual Tour of Churches on Saturday, December 4, and will feature six churches.
The tour is scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. and end at 4 p.m. at these sites:
- 10 a.m. - First Presbyterian Church of Beaufort - 1201 North St.-Choir Performance
- 11 - Wesley United Methodist Church - 701 West St.-Choir Performance
- 11:30 - Optional lunch at Wesley United Methodist Church - $10.00 RSVP Louise Williams 525-6799 or 986-8759
- 12:15 p.m. - First African Baptist Church - 601 New St.-Spirituals
- 1 - St Peter’s Catholic Churchyard - Carteret & Duke Streets-Cider and Spanish Choir
- 2 - The Parish Church of St. Helena - 505 Church St.-Churchyard Tour
- 3 - The Baptist Church of Beaufort - 601 Charles St- Bell Ringers
Tickets are $20, $15 for seniors and students; children are free with a paying adult.
Tickets available at Lulu Burgess on Bay Street or from the following churches: First Presbyterian Church, Wesley United Methodist Church, First African Baptist Church, St. Peter's Catholic Church, The Parish Church of St. Helena and the Baptist Church of Beaufort.