Flickr user yongjiet
As most of you know, October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and pink abounds almost everywhere you look to remind you of what still needs to be done to eradicate this terrible disease.
With that comes a lot of coverage of events and profiles of women who have beaten the disease, and we figured it best to pull all of those stories into one place.
So here's what we've found locally to date in terms of Breast Cancer Awareness Month coverage:
- The Island Packet has been running weekly profiles on breast cancer survivors. Here's one on Hilton Head resident Lisa Fudjack.
- The Island Packet also has a nice writeup on a Beaufort family that wrote a book and started a website aimed at helping people deal with the reality of cancer.
- The Island Packet has a nice writeup here of how the Bluffton Fire District is helping with the awareness effort. This piece also includes a good listing of Breast Cancer Awareness Month events in the region.
- The Lady's Island News has a profile of a local breast cancer survivor here and also a list of Beaufort businesses participating in the 2010 Pink for the Cure campaign here.
- Lastly, Hilton Head Monthly has a writeup on what each of the area's major medical facilities offer in terms of advanced technologies for breast cancer health. You can check that out here.