Image by Flickr user funkeemunkeelandImage by 20090827-phonbook.jpg
Charleston County’s Environmental Management Department wants to let you know that they'll recycle your old phone books.
Here's what you need to know:
INFORMATION FOR RESIDENTS
- For curbside pick-up, old phone books should be placed with other paper recyclables (separated from glass, plastic, aluminum, etc.). Residents should be mindful that putting more than about four phone books in their recycling bin could be too heavy for the County’s curbside recycling drivers to lift.
- Phone books can also be placed in the paper section of any Charleston County recycling convenience center or drop site location.
- Residents with an abundance of phone books are encouraged to either take them to a recycling drop site location (place the phone books in the paper section) or take them to the recycling center.
INFORMATION FOR BUSINESS OWNERS
- Business representatives can bring any bulk amount of phone books to the recycling center through Monday, Nov. 2.
- Drivers will be directed to unload their phone books into the large boxes at the recycling center.
The recycling center is located at 13 Romney Street in downtown Charleston. The hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.