Image by Flickr user Montwerx Pop. Boom. Blast. The fireworks show at Patriots Point is one of the more stunning in the area.
The July Fourth festivities are back in Charleston again, and we've got the skinny of who, what, when, and where for you.
Read more stories on this subject in our July 4th topic page. In order of arbitrary "interestingness."
The City of North Charleston is holding its July 4th Celebration at Riverfront Park complete with bands-a-plenty. Fireworks around 9. Read more.
Patriots Point and the Town of Mount Pleasant are celebrating Independence Day at the Fourth of July Blast running from 4 p.m. to 12 a.m. You can even watch this one from downtown. Fireworks at 10:05. Read more.
Summerville's Red, White and Blue on the Green
An old fashioned, family focused Independence Day even from 4 to 7 p.m. on Summerville's Town Square. They'll have live music, food, a parade and fireworks display. Fireworks at 9. Read more on their site.
Folly Beach's "4th on the 4th"
Come celebrate the Fourth of July on Folly's 4th Street. Fireworks start around 9. Read more on the Facebook event page.
Fireworks are expected to start at 9:15 and are coordinated to start just after the Sullivan's Island show. Read more.
Live music and fireworks at Sullivan's Island Park. Fireworks show is coordinated to start at 9, before Isle of Palms show. Read more.
For those who don’t want to deal with the July 4th crowds, Kiawah Island Golf Resort will be offering fireworks and festivities from Friday, July 3rd through the 5th. Fireworks start at 9:30.Read more.
The town of Monck's Corner will be hosting a parade at 10 a.m. on Main Street. Read more.
Come out to the Daniel Island Fourth of July Parade with friends and neighbors. Dress up your bikes, strollers and wagons in patriotic shades of red, white and blue, with streamers, flags and more. Read more on their site.
Beer pong and flip cup, games, music and dancing on Spring Street. Bring your own food and booze, bring a bikes as well so we can all cruise down to the water and watch some fireworks. The Facebook event page has more.
This and that:
- Explore the historic Middleton Place as Revolutionary War reenactors set up shop and put on a show.
- Come watch the USA Eagles’ July 4th rugby World Cup Qualifier versus Canada at the Blackbaud Stadium on Daniel Island. It's team USA, but it doesn't exactly scream traditional patriotism.
- Check out Mount Pleasant's new Waterfront Memorial Park during the day.
- You can get political at the Independence Day Tea Party in downtown Charleston from 10 .m. to 12:30 pm.
- Get grilling with these local burger recipes.
- Want more? Well go check out the calendar for the day, you crazy reader.