Image by Flickr user Dalboz17
On Saturday, February 19th, head out to Middleton Place for a Sustainable Seafood dinner featuring beautiful art and delectable food.
Executive Chef Micah Garrison is preparing six different food offerings all paired with international wines in the Middleton Place Pavilion.
- Pan seared sea scallops with North Carolina candy roaster squash puree, thyme and pecan brown butter paired with the Azura Pinot Noir '07, Oregon.
- Grilled lowcountry swordfish with corn, edamame and cow pea succotash, red-eye gravy with the Sauvion Vouvray '09, California.
- Yellowfin tuna au poivre, haricots vert, shallots, white truffled-peppercorn cream with Claendenen Sauvignon Blanc '08, California.
- Butter poached lobster tail, adluh goat cheese grits, green tomato and leak chutney with the Mitolo Shiraz '07, Australia.
- Prince Edward island mussels, coconut-saffron broth, grape tomato, country ham cracklin's with the Apothic Red Blend '08, California.
- Cornmeal dusted North Carolina catfish, Tasso ham red rice, chipotle-tartar sauce, lemon essence and the Four Vines chardonnay '07, Santa Barbara.
Walk within the beautiful Middleton Place pavilion, sampling the upscale southern sustainable seafood and international wine while admiring local artwork on display and available for purchase. Local musician Graham Whorley will be on hand, providing live music and entertainment. The South Carolina Aquarium's Sustainable Seafood Initiative coordinator Megan Westmeyer will also be on hand to talk to guests about fisheries, seafood sustainability, as well as, tips on selecting environmentally friendly seafood.
The dinner is $60 (all-inclusive) per guest and takes place at 6 p.m. Reservations can be made by calling (843) 266-7477 or visiting www.middletonplace.org. Ten percent of the proceeds will be donated to the South Carolina Aquarium in support of the Sustainable Seafood Initiative. Thanks in part to our media sponsor, The Bridge at 105.5, www.1055thebridge.com.
The Inn at Middleton Place is offering a package that includes the dinner, a stay at the Inn and much more. The one night package rate is $299 and the two night package runs $458. Contact the Inn at Middleton Place to make reservations.