Image by Italian Film Festival
The College of Charleston's 2011 Italian Film Festival, “Cinema Italiano: Southern Perspectives,” is set to begin on Thursday, October 20th and continue through Saturday, October 22nd.
Presented by the College of Charleston’s Italian Program, the screenings will take place at Sottile Theater (44 George Street) and are free and open to the public. All movies are in Italian with English subtitles.
Below is the film screening schedule for the duration of the festival:
- Thursday, October 20th at 6:30 -Passione (2010)
- Friday, October 21 at 5:30 - La Siciliana Ribelle (The Sicilian Girl) (2008)
- Friday, October 21, 2011 at 7:30 - Basilicata Coast to Coast (2010)
- Saturday, October 22 at 5:30 - Fughe ed Approdi (Return to the Aeolian Islands: Between Cinema and Reality) (2011)
- Saturday, October 22, 2011 at 7:30 - Welcome to the South (Benvenuti al Sud) (2010)
The Italian Film Festival at the College of Charleston is in its fifth edition. The recurring success of this annual event is based on growing public interest and the support of local Italian based companies and support from the stellar restaurants and world class chefs that have made Charleston an unrivaled culinary destination.