Update April 18: Just spotted a nice accounting of the night along with photos over at "Style Girl" Jess James' blog; read it here.
Update April 14: House of Sage has posted some photos from the night.
First reporting: Hey Recessionistas: Ever wanted to raid the closets of Charleston's most fashionable women? If you want to look good without feeling the pinch on your pocketbook come to Charleston’s ultra-stylish eco-friendly Style Swap on Tuesday, April 13th.
The event runs from 7 to 9 p.m. at McCrady's in downtown Charleston at 2 Utility Alley. The event is produced by Wilmington's "Style Girl" Jess James and presented by AesthetiSpa.
- Sweet Treats from Cupcake and Wildflour
- Music provided by DJ CMNDer
- "Beauty Station" -- mini makeovers with makeup artist Andrew Peterson
- Shop vintage treasures from Cavortress and Candy Shop Vintage
- Gift Bags filled with goodies from Chanel and Deep Steep
- Networking with Charleston’s stylemavens including featured guest & Style Swap MC Ayoka Lucas, Charleston Magazine’s Style Editor
- Sponsored "swap" outfits + fabulous prizes from your favorite boutiques and emerging designers
- Introducing “Couture Corner” for high-end designer swapping
Fashionable (designer + vintage) items that have been hibernating in your closet.
1 gently worn item (on hanger) + 1 accessory
CENTER FOR WOMEN:
Style Swap raises awareness and support for the Center for Women (CFW), a local Charleston non-profit empowering women to succeed everyday – professionally and personally. www.c4women.org
TICKETS: ON SALE NOW!
$15 online: www.styleswap.net The first 50 women to purchase tickets online receive VIP Swapping Status (you get to shop 10 minutes before everyone else.) $20 at the door.