Image by Flickr user radiobread
This Thursday at 6:30 p.m., Laura Albert's is welcoming Fort Bragg, CA's North Coast Brewing back to the Charleston market with a four-course beer dinner.
Beers from North Coast made their way onto Lowcountry store shelves and into bars shortly after "Pop the Cap" legislation was passed in 2007. In the last few months though, bottles stopped being restocked as we apparently lost distribution for the brand. Whatever the reasons were, the North Coast drought is over, and they are back in full force.
While they've been back for at least a couple of weeks, Laura Albert's is making it official with Thursday's beer dinner. Here's the menu:
- Reception: A bottomless beer, TBA
- I: Spicy Ahi Tuna Spring Roll with Bok Choy Slaw & Soya Vinaigrette vs. Pranqster Belgian-style Golden Ale (7.6% ABV, B+, 92)
- II: Herb Roasted Wahoo Steak with Pecan-Crusted Goat Cheese Fritter atop Fricasse served with Herb-roasted Garlic Beurre Blanc vs. Le Merle Saison (7.9% ABV, B+, 96)
- III: New Zealand Lamb & Cabbage Roulade with Nutmeg-scented Spatzle & Abbey Ale Au Jus vs. Brother Thelonious Belgian-style Abbey Ale (9.4% ABV, B+, 96)
- IV: White & Dark Chocolate Mousse Trifle with Raspberry Coulis vs. Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout (9% ABV, A, 100)
Laura Albert's is located at 891 Island Park Drive on Daniel Island. The dinner is $45 + tax & tip, call (843) 881-4711 for reservations.