Image by Flickr user kristinbadger
Update February 13: It was, of course, a chilly installment of the Second Sunday on King Street series, but still hundreds did come out.
First reporting: February's 2nd Sunday sports themed afternoon will feature Charleston's major sporting events and Charleston's professional teams. Add this to a vehicle-free King Street with the usual shopping, dining and fun, and 2nd Sunday is the best game in town.
The PGA Championship's Wanamaker Trophy will be displayed during 2nd Sunday on King Street February 12th. Strollers can take photographs with the world-famous trophy that will be presented to the winner of the 94th PGA Championship at Kiawah Island's Ocean Course this August.
In addition to the Wanamaker Trophy:
- Southeast Wildlife Exposition will have information, tickets for sale and prizes to win.
- Family Circle Cup has tickets, information and merchandise plus the Family Circle Cup Fast Serve Cage.
- The PGA will have golf skill challenge on Society Street.
- Register and get information for the Cooper River Bridge Run.
- See the lineup for ESPN's Direct TV Charleston Classic college basketball tournament and test your hoop skills.
- Charleston Battery has season tickets plus tickets for the upcoming 2012 Carolina Challenge Cup. Feb 25 - March 3.
- The RiverDogs have season ticket packages and tickets for the April 5 season opener.
- South Carolina Stingrays have great seats available for February and March games.
2nd Sunday is an official venue for the 22nd Annual Lowcountry Blues Bash with Sollie "Puddin'" Jenkins and Lightnin' Wells. There's more street music from Luke Wilson and the Steady Hand String Band, Michael Linsday, Daniel Mackey, Matt Lohan, Austin Fitzhenry and the Honey Bees.
Plus, Charleston's newest star chef, Melinda Piercy of the Culinary Connection, will be there to show off her skills.