Tonight is the big night for local fans as the latest movie installment of Harry Potter debuts -- and there's a plethora of other events running along side.
- West Ashley: See it on IMAX at the Citadel Mall Stadium 16 at 12:05 a.m.
- Downtown Charleston: See it big at the Hippodrome 12:01, 2:30 a.m.
- Mount Pleasant: Cinebarre 12:00 a.m. (w/ premier party)
- North Charleston: Regal Charles Towne Square 18 12:01 12:15 12:30 a.m.
- Mount Pleasant: Regal Palmetto Grande Stadium 16 12:01 12:10 12:20 12:30 a.m.
- Summerville: Cinemark Movies 8 12:01a.m.
- Summerville: Regal Azalea Square Stadium 16 12:01 12:15 a.m.
So far the early reviewers have generally been liking the film. Moira MacDonald with The Seattle Times said, "For those caught up in the "Potter" world -- and surely anyone who isn't dropped out of this franchise long ago -- "Deathly Hallows" is immensely satisfying."
Obviously you'd be well served to buy your tickets before showtime.
But there is much more festivity going on aside from plopping your tucus in a seat and staring at the screen for a couple of hours (146 minutes, to be precise), for starters you can get your movie with a bit extra at Cinebarre's party with costumes, trivia and other fun leading up to showtime.
If you'd rather split your Potter partying and movie premier the Charleston library is kicking off its potter events on the fun side with its own trivia and costumed (replete with non-alcholic butter beer) fun from 4 to 6 p.m.