Blu Restaurant and Bar, located at The Tides Hotel on Folly Beach, is hosting the next South Carolina Aquarium Sustainable Seafood Dinner on May 17th.
Join Executive Chef Jon Cropf for a delectable five-course meal which focuses on local, fresh, and sustainable seafood and produce.
- A locally inspired first course, paired with La Marca Prosecco DOC, Veneto, Italy
- Maine scallop with peas and carrots and caraway breadsticks paired with Perrin Reserve Cotes-de-Rhone Blanc, Rhone Valley, France
- Swordfish with duck prosciutto, piquillo, raspberry, shaved fennel, olive oil ice cream paired with Domaine de Nizas Rose, Coteaux de Languedoc, France
- Swimming Rock rockfish with short rib dumplings, miso broth, tat soi, and garlic blossom paired with De Loach Pinot Noir, Russian River Valley
- Popcorn with caramel, maple bacon, and smoked sea salt with Warres Otima 10-year Tawny Port
Located right on the Atlantic Ocean, Blu Restaurant and Bar offers fresh local seafood combined with regional flavors and local ingredients. Guests can sit back and enjoy the amazing view while enjoying some of the best food in the Lowcountry. Megan Westmeyer, the South Carolina Aquarium’s sustainable seafood coordinator will be on hand to talk about each course, seafood sustainability and provide tips on selecting environmentally-friendly fish.
The dinner, which will start with a cocktail reception featuring American Harvest organic spirit, is $50 not including tax or gratuity and takes place on May 17th at 6:30 p.m. Blu Restaurant and Bar is located at the Tides of Folly Beach at 1 Center Street. Reservations can be made by calling (843) 588-6658. Ten percent of the proceeds will go to support the South Carolina Aquarium’s Sustainable Seafood Initiative.