Image by Flickr user rolandImage by 20091008-crepe.jpg
Beginning Saturday, October 17, the Charleston Crêpe Company’s crêpe stand will feature a weekly blackboard special created by some of the peninsula’s finest chefs.
Participating chefs include Craig Deihl of Cypress, Mike Lata of FIG, Frank McMahon of Hank’s, Brett McKee of Oak Steakhouse, Ryan Kacenjar of The Francis Marion Hotel, and celebrated cookbook author and television personality Nathalie Dupree.
You can find the crêpe stand in the farmers market in Marion Square every Saturday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Here are some upcoming crêpe creations:
- Cypress’ artisan smoked ham, Swiss cheese and eggs: Craig Deihl of Cypress.
- Ham, Fontina cheese, basil pesto and farm fresh eggs from Celeste Albers: Mike Lata of FIG.
- Andouille sausage, shrimp, corn, tomato and garlic: Frank McMahon of Hank’s.
- Beef Wellington crêpe with beef tenderloin, wild mushroom duxelle and foie gras: Brett McKee of Oak Steakhouse.
- Caramelized Winesap apples from Owl’s Nest Plantation with spiced rum and candied pecans: Ryan Kacenjar of The Francis Marion Hotel.
- Lemon Crêpe Cake: Nathalie Dupree.