Image by Provided
Mark your calendars for April 11 as Butcher & Bee will be opening its doors and kitchen to Chef Sarah Simmons for a one-night only engagement.
Recently named one of Food & Wine's "Greatest New Cooks," Sarah has cooked alongside notable chefs like April Bloomfield, Sean Brock, Marc Vetri, and John Currence, and been featured in the New York Times for City Grit, her culinary salon.
For this six-course dinner, Sarah is putting her signature Southern spin on classic Japanese cuisine. The menu, priced at $70 per person, reads as follows:
- 1st Course: Snacks - Soy deviled eggs, Oyster Wonton
- 2nd Course: Horenso Gomae - Spinach Salad with Sesame Sauce
- 3rd Course: Smashed Potatoes - Smashed Fingerlings, Spicy Kewpie, Uni, Scallions, Bonito, Nori
- 4th Course: Soba Salad - Cold Soba Noodles, Chili Vinaigrette, Seaweed Salad
- 5th Course: Shrimp & Grits - Miso Grits, Panko Dusted Shrimp, Yukari, Asian Leek Ragu
- 6th Course: Red Beans & Rice Pudding - Vanilla Bean Rice Pudding, Red Bean Puree, Balsamic Reduction, Sesame Brittle
Please note that due to the nature of this dinner, we will not be able to offer substitutions to the menu listed above. Tickets can be purchased at the City Grit website and are required for admission. Beer and wine will be available for purchase. This is not a BYOB event.