Image by Flickr user Trevor Jansen
Update March 9: More than 50 angry and frustrated community members made it out to the first budget hearing at Burke High School and according to The Post and Courier, really let loose on the Charleston County school leaders.
First reporting: A series of community meetings regarding Charleston County's school budget will start tonight, March 8th, at 6:30 p.m. at Burke High School, 244 President Street.
School leaders have already made approximately $11 million in cuts, and the series of community meetings will address a projected $28 million shortfall.
The calendar for the rest of the school budget meetings follows. All of these meetings will occur at 6:30 p.m.:
- Wednesday, March 9th: Stall High, 3625 Ashley Phosphate Road
- Wednesday, March 16th: Moultrie Middle, 645 Coleman Boulevard
- Wednesday, March 16th: Lincoln High, 714 Lincoln Road
- Thursday, March 24th: St. John’s High, 1518 Main Road
- Thursday, March 24th: Baptist Hill High, 5117 Baptist Hill Road
- Wednesday, March 30th: downtown district office, 75 Calhoun Street
For more information, check out coverage over at The Post and Courier.