Image by www.wineinyourdiet.com/popular_diet_books.jpg So Many Diets To Choose From
One of the most popular New Year’s resolutions is dieting to lose weight. With so many diets to choose from, there are several things that people should consider.
- Fats are essential to body function and must be eaten in order to lose weight. The best sources of fat are nuts, such as almonds and pecans, and extra virgin olive oil. People should limit trans fats because the body cannot use them as energy.
- Most people have a high carbohydrate diet which can lead to weight gain. A healthy diet includes complex carbohydrates such as pasta, fresh vegetables, and raw fruits.
- The Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) should be considered. The BMR is simply the number of calories the body needs in order to function on a daily basis. A good website that will calculate BMR is www.bmi-calculator.net.
- When people become dehydrated they can have the sensation of being hungry. Studies suggest that a person drink eight 8oz glasses of water throughout the day.
- Eat the biggest meal in the morning and decrease portion size as the day comes to an end.
Any dietary changes should be considered a lifestyle change in order to keep from regaining the weight lost and having to make the same resolution again next year.