Dog saves man from North Charleston fire

Apparently I was suffering a bad Holiday Hangover last week and also missed a story about a local man's escape from his burning home early Monday, December 5.

The Post and Courier reports in part:

Michael Donaldson awoke early Monday and felt his dog, Tristan, gnawing on his hand.

The pet often got his attention that way, but not at 1 a.m.

Though still groggy from being awakened, Donaldson quickly understood; a smoke alarm was bleating as smoke filled his North Charleston apartment.

Donaldson was rescued from his third-floor apartment, but his dog did not survive.

Head over to The Post and Courier for the full story.

The fire was at the Cedar Grove Apartments at 8708 Evangeline Drive in North Charleston.

Filed in