One month ago yesterday the City of North Myrtle Beach passed their public smoking ban, which takes effect today, Wednesday, March 7, 2012.
Many establishments are preparing for the ban, including bars, restaurants, hotels, city buildings, and bingo parlors. According to WMBF News, several business owners are happy with the decision to go smoke free, while others are making accommodations for smokers in the way of outside smoking patios.
eCigarettes are exempt from the ban, and we know of one local business, iVape eCigarette Lounge located out in Longs that will be happy to help in your search for a public vaping solution.
Read WMBF's full write-up here.
The North Myrtle Beach ordinance reads as follows:
-All enclosed areas, including buildings owned, leased, or operated by the City of North Myrtle Beach shall be subject to the provisions of this Article.
-Smoking shall be prohibited in all enclosed public places within the city of North Myrtle Beach, including but not limited to, the following places:
- Aquariums, galleries, libraries, and museums.
- Areas available to the general public in businesses and non-profit entities patronized by the public, including but not limited to, banks, laundromats, professional offices, and retail service establishments.
- Bingo facilities.
- Child care and adult day care facilities.
- Convention facilities.
- Educational facilities, both public and private.
- Gaming facilities.
- Hotels and motels.
- Lobbies, hallways, and other common areas in apartment buildings, condominiums, trailer parks, retirement facilities, nursing homes, and other multiple-unit residential facilities.
- Public transportation vehicles, including buses and taxicabs, under the authority of the City of North Myrtle Beach, and ticket, boarding, and waiting areas of public transportation facilities, including bus, train, and airport facilities.
Read or download the full ordinance by clicking over to NMB.us.