On The Road Culinary Adventures next stop is Charleston, SC November 6-9, 2011. This premier food and travel excursion takes you to the finest hotels, allows you to work with area's best chefs and visit the finest farms and local artisans. These intimate culinary adventures (limited to 16 people) bring you along for a behind the scenes adventure in food, wine and culinary destinations, not to mention enjoying great dining along the way.
The Charleston adventure is 4-days and 3-nights with accommodations at the award winning Charleston Place Hotel. Our culinary tour guide for our full day excursion will be the 2011 James Beard award Finalist for Best Chef Southeast, Craig Deihl, Executive Chef of Cypress. Chef Deihl will accompany us to Keegan-Filion Farm and Thackeray Farm and prepare lunch on the farm as well as give us his culinary perspective of these farms. Chef Deihl will also prepare a private reception and dinner for us at Cypress. We will work with three-time Beard nominee Chef Ken Vedrinski in a cooking class at his restaurant, Trattoria Lucca. Our final evening's dinner will be a very special event at the award winning Charleston Grill with Executive Chef Michelle Weaver.
Sunday November 6th
- Cocktail reception at Charleston Place Hotel with Executive Chef Michelle Weaver
- Open evening with optional dinner at Husk
Monday November 7th
- Travel by private motor coach for farm tours with James Beard Best Chef - Southeast finalist, Chef Craig Deihl of Cypress
- Farm tour of Keegan-Filion
- Farm visit to Thackerary Farm
- Farm lunch prepared by Chef Craig Deihl
- Dinner with wine pairings at Cypress with Chef Craig Deihl
Tuesday November 8th
- A very special cooking class with three-time James Beard award semi-finalist, Chef Ken Vedrinski
- Dinner with wine pairings at Charleston Grill with Executive Chef Michelle Weaver
Wednesday November 9th
- Breakfast and farewell at Charleston Place Hotel