Dubed "Charleston’s Premier Pet Event", Pet Fest returns, Saturday, April 13 and Sunday, April 14 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Offering exhibits, demonstrations, experts, entertainment, and more, the festival will be at Mount Pleasant Palmetto Islands County Park, 444 Needlerush Parkway.
- K9s in Flight Frisbee Dogs and Dock Diving (12, 2 & 4 p.m.). Your dog can dive for a $5 donation!
- Lowcountry Dog Magazine’s Cover Model Contest
- Charleston Kennel Club’s “Meet the Breed” and Family Dog Shows (Sunday only, 1 p.m.)
- Pet Contests – Best Trick, Owner Pet Look-Alike, Face Only a Mother Could Love, Musical Sit, Best Dog Costume
- Swift Paws Lure Chasing – let your dog race other canines for a $5 donation
- FlyBall dogs demonstrations (Sunday only)
- Live music by Rawberry Jam, Sunday at 3 p.m.
- STARR (Search, Tactics, And Rescue/Recovery) Team Demonstrations
- K-9 Good Citizens Test (Saturday only)
- Animal ER: Interactive Vet Experience (Saturday Only)
- Veterinarians, trainers, groomers and pet suppliers
- Nutrition, education and training tents
- Dog washing station
- Rescue groups and adoption centers with adoptable animals
- Children’s activities, including jump castles
- Food, beverages and beer for sale
- Official presentation of the 2013 Top Dog, Charleston County Parks’ official dog mascot, Saturday at 12 p.m.
Admission is $5 per day. Dogs must remain leashed throughout the event. Children 12 and under, Gold Pass Holders and leashed pets are free. For further information call 843-795-4386 or visit www.ccprc.com/petfest.