A three-day celebration of new and classic short stories will feature readings, discussions and signings by top authors of short fiction this weekend in Beaufort.
On Friday evening, the Opening Reception and Launch Party for Short Story America, Volume Two will start at 6 p.m. at the Old Bay Marketplace Loft downtown. That evening, authors and local readers will share stories with the audience in the Arts Center’s theater. Beaufort-area performers who will read classic and new stories that evening include Margaret Evans, Jeff Evans, Mark Shaffer, Teresa Bruce, Gail Westerfield, Leo Gannon, Pat Connor, Bruce Doneff and Tim Johnston. There will also be readings and an awards reception in the arts center.
Visiting authors will give seminars and workshops on writing and analysis of short stories all day on Saturday, September 22, in the classrooms at USCB’s Center for the Arts in Beaufort. Readings and signings by authors will take place throughout the day in the arts center’s theater, with a chance for discussion of each story with the story’s author.
Friday, September 21st
- Opening Seminar by Eric Witchey 3:00 – 5:00, Short Story America
(Beaufort Town Center, 2121 Boundary St.)
- Opening Reception 6:00 – 9:00, Old Bay Marketplace Loft
Saturday, September 22nd
- Readings, Seminars and Book Signings 9:00 – 5:00, USCB Center for the Arts
- Evening Session and Authors' Reception 5:30 – 9:00, USCB Center for the Arts
Sunday, September 23rd
- Part Three of Eric Witchey Seminar 1:00 – 2:00, Short Story America
- Children's Story Hour 2:00 – 3:00, Center Court Gazebo, Beaufort
Here's a phone chat with one author. Her session is Marjorie Brody: “Out of the Workforce, On to the Page” Saturday Sept 22 at 1 p.m., at the USCB Center for the Arts