Update June 30: The Film Meets Fashion event has come and gone, but it doesn't mean that if happened to miss you the big show that it's too late to scope out any of the cinematic submissions.
Posted above is the grand finale video of the entire event shot by local photographer/videographer Jade Sullivan of Pistil Films. The Alice and Wonderland themed is played out beautifully courtesy of designer Lucinda Eden's clothing and The Chemical Brother's vocal version of "Hannah's theme."
First reporting: On June 23rd, indulge your five sense in an evening of art, cocktails, fashion, and film at the 'Film Meets Fashion' benefit event which is bringing together the region's top independent filmmakers and fashion designers.
The evening, presented by The Angel Posse, is benefiting the Make-A-Wish Foundation of South Carolina.
Film Meets Fashion will begin with a complimentary cocktail hour featuring two signature cocktails from the Film Meets Fashion cocktail challenge. During the cocktail hour there will be a silent auction with plenty of wonderful items to bid on.
Following the cocktail hour will be the screening of six independent short films and six runway shows featuring innovative designs by some of the most talented emerging designers in the Southeast. During our intermission, attendees will be in for a hilarious treat with the performance of Philip Cohen, recent winner of the 7th Annual Charleston Comedy Festival.
Here's a peek at the official film/fashion show lineup:
7 - 8 p.m.
- Film "Whirlwind" by Seamless Pictures
- Fashion Show with designer Ashley Reid of Clewis Reid (CFW 2009)
- Film "Song of Pumpkin Brown" by Creative Forge Productions
- Fashion Show with Poe Studio including some of our Make-A-Wish Children
- Film "The Movie Critic" by Gary Corbett Davis
- Fashion Show by Three Thimbles (Hannalei Taylor-CFW 2010)
- Films "Wanders" and "Bisou For You" by Charlotte Savage
- Fashion Show with designer Suite 33
- Film "Duet" by Breaking Branch Pictures
- Men's Fashion Show with Billy Reid (CFD award-winning designer)
- Film "Butterflies Wake" by D.A.M.E. Media
- Fashion Finale with designer Lucinda Eden
Both general admission and VIP tickets to the event are on sale now.