Image by The Boathouse
Join the South Carolina Aquarium and The Boathouse at Breach Inlet on Monday January 24, for a special evening featuring sustainable seafood paired with sustainable wine.
Charles M. Arena Jr., Executive Chef at The Boathouse at Breach Inlet, will tantalize your taste buds with five delectable courses. They include:
- Local clam ravioli with yuzu truffle broth paired with Ecco Domani pinot grigio, Italy 2009
- Monk fish à l'Américaine paired with MacMurray Ranch pinot noir, Sonoma 2008
- Ginger-poached Floridian golden tilefish with rice noodles, vegetables and a white soy butter paired with Don Miguel Gascon "Reserve" malbec, Mendoza 2009
- Prosciutto-wrapped amberjack with polenta, grilled fennel and a smoked tomato fondue paired with Rancho Zabaco "Heritage Vines" zinfandel, Sonoma 2008
- Italian cheese sampler paired with Polka Dot "Dry" riesling, Pfalz 2008.
The South Carolina Aquarium's Sustainable Seafood Initiative coordinator Megan Westmeyer will also be on hand to talk to guests between courses about fisheries, seafood sustainability, as well as, tips on buying and serving fresh fish.
The five-course meal is $55 (plus tax and gratuity) per guest and takes place at 6:30 p.m. at The Boathouse on Breach Inlet, located at 101 Palm Boulevard on the Isle of Palms. Reservations can be made with the restaurant by calling (843) 886-8000 by January 23rd. Ten percent of the proceeds will be donated to the South Carolina Aquarium in support of the Sustainable Seafood Initiative.