Early morning electrical fire at Conway senior living center leads to evacuation

Everyone was safely evacuated after an early-morning electrical fire occurred at a senior living center in Conway, according to Jeremy Carter, assistant fire chief, with the Conway Fire Department.

Firefighters responded to the call about 4:15 a.m. at the Agape Senior Assisted Living Facility, off U.S. 378, after an air conditioning unit in a resident’s room caught fire because of electrical issues, Carter said.

The fire was contained to the air conditioning unit, and there was no fire damage to the facility. However, there was a lot of smoke, and the building wing where the fire started is temporarily closed for smoke removal, authorities said.